Problem downloading files

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Hi,

I have successfully created the service and it runs smoothly. I could upload files and check them via Browser or Blob Storage Client. I could also list files etc.

But when I download a file, it is allways empty ->

RetrCommandHandler:On process: ConnectionObject.FileSystemObject.OpenFile(sFilePath, false) seems to deliver an empty IFile (even when it is not considered as NULL)

If I use an ConnectionObject.FileSystemObject.GetFileInfo(sFilePath) instead, I get file informations etc -> I assume that the file is successfully uploaded and accessible...

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2011 at 12:52 AM

That sounds odd - I haven't seen this occur before; how have you configured your container access policies?

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Hi, I assume that is set up correctly - as stated delivers "ConnectionObject.FileSystemObject.GetFileInfo(sFilePath)" all file informations -> that does not look like an rights problem

best regards

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I'm having this issue as well.  All my files have data, but when I download them through FTP, they have no data.  I've been wondering if it's a container access policy thing as well, but at the moment, I'm not sure.  Did anyone figure this out?

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:23 PM

By the way, specifically I see Filezilla reporting that the file is there.  I tell it to download and it says "File transfer successful, transferred 0 bytes in 1 second".  However, the file reports on blob storage that it has 60 kb of data.  I've also looked at the data in Azure Storage Explorer, and it has read permissions in a public container.  So it's definitely not permissions.  I'm attempting to debug the file read process to see what I get.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM

OK...now I'm not so sure it's permissions.  I debugged the RetrCommandHandler and discovered that while the file is not null, file.File IS null.  It appears as if it's an inability to read the file.  At least I know that the file cannot be opened, but now I've got to figure out why that's the case.

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I've completed a fix.  In the AzureFileSystemObject class, the OpenFile method was returning an empty AzureFile object.  Nothing was being read.  The path of the file was being sent in, but essentially nothing was being returned.  I wrote an update to the OpenFile method that's modeled after GetFileInfo. I'll submit it as a patch.

public IFile OpenFile(string sPath, bool fWrite)
{
    sPath = PreparePath(sPath);
    AzureCloudFile file = _provider.Get(sPath, true);
    var f = new AzureFile();
    f.Load(file.Data);
    return f;
}