Ftp Login Issue

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:56 AM

I was able to deploy this successfully and can login to the 2 ftp accounts I configured with no problem using FileZilla Client or a browser. But when trying to ftp to my blob storage container with an IP camera I keep getting a "Incorrect user or password" from the IP Camera when it attempts to upload a captured image. 

This IP camera (Foscam) can ftp successfully with other ftp sites I have accounts for. And another IP camera I have (CISCO) is able to ftp successfully to my blob storage container. So I'm pretty perplexed as to what the issue is. Not sure if it's on the IP camera's end or the FtpAzure application.

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Please check that your FTP camera is connecting using ACTIVE mode FTP, not passive: FTP2Azure does not support passive mode connections.

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Thanks for the tip. The IP camera as 2 modes for FTP, "PORT" and "PASV". My guess is that "PORT" isn't really ACTIVE FTP mode as the login doesn't work in this mode on port 21. I also tried port 59860 as I saw this port referenced in your documentation as "But if the clients connect in passive mode, the server will use another port (default is 59860)"

I'll check with Foscam to see if there is a way to FTP in Active mode with this camera.